The Financial Counselling Network is a partnership of not-for-profit community service organisations and local government across the Perth metropolitan region who provide advice, assistance and education to people experiencing financial hardship.
The aim of the Network is to provide a range of integrated and person centred services with the aim of reducing the drivers and impacts of financial hardship in the Western Australian community. We adopt a systems based approach to maximise our impact.
Financial Support Services
- Our financial counsellors work with people to develop plans which alleviate financial hardship, giving them access to knowledge and tools which improve financial resilience into the future.
- We have a strong commitment to prevent hardship through improving financial resilience and wellbeing and conduct a variety of accessible workshops.
- We operate the HUGS Service Centre, where trained financial support workers assess financial hardship for eligibility for the Hardship Utility Grant Scheme. The service focuses on supporting clients to get back on track through providing information and/or referrals through to other support services. The service also incorporates an energy coaching program for households with higher than expected energy use.
- We operate the Emergency Relief and Food Access Service, providing an assisted referral pathway to West Australians needing assistance via a freecall triage and assessment service for access to food relief and financial support.
- We work with organisations to develop customised programs to improve the financial resilience and wellbeing of their employees and/or clients.
Member and Stakeholder Services
- We support our member organisations to deliver quality financial counselling and wellbeing services through providing a comprehensive community of practice for financial counsellors and financial wellbeing workers.
- We conduct regular client feedback for all our services with a focus on identification of gaps in service provision and continuous improvement of services to support better client outcomes.
- We raise awareness of the need for and value of financial counselling and financial wellbeing services.
- We work with governing bodies to assist with the identification of the need for new consumer protection measures, which is supported by our comprehensive data collection process.
Click here to see what our clients say about us – ‘Voice of the People‘.
Click here to see what impact we have made in 2018/19 – Impact Statement for 2018/19