As we continue to deal with the economic effects of COVID-19, more Western Australians are now facing financial hardship, including those who may never have been in this situation before.
There are a number of community organisations throughout the state that provide emergency relief to people experiencing financial hardship, in the form of food vouchers, bill payment support and more.
The free-call Emergency Relief and Food Access Service is here to support you in identifying and applying for help.
Contact us on 1800 979 777 from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). If you are unable to make a phone call, you can lodge an online enquiry here.
Emergency Relief assistance is available to support you if you:
- are struggling to put food on the table
- are facing overdue bills
- have used your savings to pay for daily expenses
- have experienced a reduction in income
You may be eligible for emergency relief even if you’re not receiving Centrelink income support.
Before you make the call
Our staff will need to collect some details from you. When you call, please make sure you have these items handy:
- a form of identification, such as your driver’s license
- your Medicare card or Centrelink card
- any overdue bills, if you are seeking assistance with these as well